AMCOMP Certification is recognized for an initial two-year period. In order to maintain certification, an individual must:
a. Maintain AMCOMP membership in good standing;
b. Complete 28 hours of continuing education every two years following receipt of the WCP designation. Continuing education credit hours can be achieved by attending workers compensation classes, programs, seminars and conferences sponsored by AMCOMP or by another recognized national workers compensation organization, as approved by AMCOMP;
c. One credit hour of continuing education will be granted for each hour of attendance in workers compensation classes, programs, seminars, and conferences;
d. Additional credit hours will be granted to an individual for teaching/ speaking at a workers compensation class/program as well as for publication of articles that pertain strictly to the workers compensation industry as follows:
1. 1 hour of teaching/speaking will count as 6 continuing education credit hours;
2. Publication of an article will count as 12 hours of continuing education credit hours.
e. Thirty days prior to the date of your WCP expiration, an application for recertification and "Proof of Continuing Education" must be submitted to the AMCOMP administrative office.
1. Your application for recertification must be submitted along with a $75.00 recertification fee;
2. Proof of continuing education courses must be submitted on a "Course Completion" form and must be accompanied by a certificate of attendance or letter from the sponsoring organization stating proof of attendance and completion of the course;
3. A copy of the course agenda and outline must be submitted with each course attended for continuing education credit to be validated;
4. Recertification applications and Proof of Continuing Education Credit forms can be downloaded from the AMCOMP web site at: www.amcomppro.com;
5. Recertification approval will be submitted in writing along with a new certification certificate.